Saturday, November 03, 2007

tick tock

I have been trying to post today - but something keeps coming up (or down - our wireless went down for a bit).

We just got home from seeing a movie (and groceries - I am such a fun date, but we have company for a late breakfast in the morning and were out of maple syrup) and I came to post right away.

I seem to like the obligation to post every day. Gives me something on my to do list to tick off. That I can tick off.

The lack of real structure in my day is a little difficult.

I've been sitting staring at that last sentence and trying to explain (in my head) what I mean. There is a lot of "structure" in my day, schedules to be met, drop-offs and pick-ups to be done. I guess I am just not sure what I think I accomplish most days.

Coming off a long week. this motherhood thing doesn't exactly give instant results. I am used to working to objectives - measurable objectives that were usually pretty clearly defined.

My kids expectations are not so clearly defined - Stuart was upset last night because he had a PD day on Friday and we didn't go to Cosmic Adventures (indoor playground) but drove to Kingston. In my defense he didn't mention it all day. And yet I let him down.

Fool that I am I stayed up until 1:00 am reading the last Harry Potter book (I will need to re-read certain parts - after 400 pages I was getting a little blurry).

I am now going to google Queen Elizabeth I and find out more about who succeded - we saw "Elizabeth - the Golden Era" this evening. I am curious what happened when she died in 1603.

And then I am going dodo.

No comments: