Wednesday, November 21, 2007

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Julia came thundering into our room this morning.

And came to a screeching halt (I'm serious, you could almost hear the screeching).

Huge eyes. "It's SNOWING!" Hands flapping.

If I could make that type any bigger I would - it doesn't do her statement justice. The enormity of her SNOWING. And it was enormous, a real winter wonderland, no wimpy snow, no sirree.

We altered the usual morning schedule - Marc fed the kids early while I showered so that they could come out and play before taking Stu to school. I cleaned off the cars, got Julia into her rain pants (it was above freezing yesterday, no snow forecasted - this caught us off guard). We all hung out on the front yard and soaked our mitts before 8 am. It was perfect snowball snow.

We had a great snow day - Julia flatly refused to go to gymnastics because there was SNOW! SNOW MUM! THERE'S SNOW!!!. It didn't helped that our neighbour took the day off to stay home with her 3 1/2 year old daughter - no chance of getting her to the gym with that on offer.

Natalie and I took turns pulling the girls around her yard on a sled. I started singing Jingle Bells. It was that pretty out.

My feet however were not happy. I had no winter boots (are they in a box? Did I get rid of them in Luxembourg - since they hurt my feet - and think I had lots of time to buy them before there was SNOW?). I had to buy some this afternoon between groceries and picking Stuart up... I bought some pretty serious Cougars with furry stuff coming out the top. My tootsies were toasty. Yeah!

They're forecasting another 10-15 cm before noon tomorrow. The kid in me is excited. The grown-up is going to bed because I get the feeling there is going to be some serious shovelling in the morning...

2 comments:

Traveller said...

Your snow made the national news: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/11/22/weather-storm.html

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

We get little snow here, in the valley, but the hills are now white.

My kids moan for another white winter.

(Last year we got quite a bit!)