Thursday, November 15, 2007

Changes

The weekend after we got back to Canada, Marc and I attended a wedding reception in Toronto. We stayed with our friends Hugh and Miche and Hugh made a few comments about how it would be interesting to see what we thought had changed in Canada in the 8 years we were gone.

I thought at the time "Well not much I guess". Wrong.

In the interests of being brief (me? ha!) I will say that customer service seems to have gone sharply down hill. I could probably write a book on the experiences we've had since we've been back - the pinnacle of which was the UPS debacle of last week. It took them 2 days of telling us something different every phone call for us to go pick up our parcel (and even then when Marc got there he was told it wasn't). We live less that 2 km from the UPS depot and they still couldn't deliver.

Home Depot is now deserving of my frustration - the blinds we ordered on September 24th are still not here. 4-6 weeks they said, but the bedroom ones should be 4 no problem. My foot. I have placed 4 calls in the last 9 days to have them tracked down, only to be told that "they are with the vendor, can I call you back". NO ONE from the company returns your call. I asked for a supervisor today, was put on hold for 7 minutes and was then told (by the same person) that "They should be with the installer the first week of December." Which does not sound like any guarantee of delivery to me. And it's 10 weeks after we forked over 1/2 of what I think is an astronomical amount of money. I requested a call back from the supervisor that never came.

Tomorrow I am going to make more of a stink. It's bad enough that I don't have my blinds, but they're adding insult to injury by not calling back. And I am not impressed.

Going to take all my JPMorgan experience of dealing with dissatisfied clients and use it for my own purposes.

Sad thing is I won't get anywhere.

No comments: