Friday, November 09, 2007

My conspiracy theories are coming true

In moments of sleep deprivation I have been known to succumb to the thought that someone is out to ensure that I don't survive my nice little life.

There's one about the kids trying to take over control of our home - usually rears it's ugly head when they are doing that sleeping in shifts thing they are so fond of. And enlisting the cat to howl for food in case they both close their eyes for more that 7 minutes at a time.

However, my latest conspiracy theory is : I AM NOT MEANT TO HAVE A TIDY HOUSE.

I finally succumbed this week to Marc's (sensible) encouragement that we need to have our closets "done" - we have such little closet space, and given that we are paying a little mortgage (for our little house), that we could afford to invest in some advice and products to organize our closets and fit all our stuff in them so we could live happily ever after.

I made appointments with two companies - one for Wednesday afternoon and one for Friday afternoon.

Wednesday afternoon rolled around. I was exhausted. I so badly wanted a nap (especially since we were going to the hockey game). My mum was here - I could have done something interesting with her. But I sat and waited for the woman to show up at 1:00.

At 2:00 (when it was too late to nap) the woman called to say she had overlooked our appointment - what did the next day look like? I sighed and said fine - hey everyone can make a mistake.

Thursday at a few minutes to 1:00 I was almost asleep reading Julia a book in our bed. I roused myself to get ready to have my closets measured. Because there was no chance she would overlook me again right?

Yeah, not so much. At 10 to 3 I left to get Stuart and she han't even called.

She called about 20 minutes ago - and told me that our appointment is next week (I actually never found out why she was calling me, I think she realized she'd messed up again). I told her that no, it had been yesterday and that I had another company coming today - I would let her know if they weren't able to provide me with what I was looking for.

But - if you can believe it - the other company hasn't showed up. And she's not answering her phone. We're cursed. Doomed to live in chaos.

*************************************************

Update : I went to get Stu and go to the drug store and when we got back she was here. We have ordered closets. All's well that ends well? Now if we could just get our blinds delivered that we ordered 7 weeks ago...

No comments: