Saturday, February 23, 2008

Zen...

My husband is amazing. For Valentine's Day he got me a 1/2 day at the salon where I got my new "do" a few weeks back. They had a special running - manicure, pedicure, aromatherapy facial and hour-long relaxation body massage.

I've just come home and I am so zen I made about 5 typos in the above sentences.

At first I wasn't sure how it was all going to turn out (I had called to add on some waxing so we started with that - ouch!). The girl was very young, very sweet and very... vocal? I know a little bit too much about her home life and things like how you can catch herpes even if you use a condom (tried desperately to steer the conversation back from there... how on earth did we get there???)

But once my waxing, hands and feet were done (and she did a great job!!) the facial started. In the quiet, and mostly in the dark. It was pretty darn cool. She spritzed me with some wonderful smelling stuff and rubbed in cream and put pads on my eyes that cooled them (and shrunk my dark circles...) And then the massage... sigh.

I think I might be too zen to write. Words... not... coming... easily... typos... galore...

Marc also let me go back to bed for two hours this morning... I'm gonna keep him.

Not that there was any doubt.

1 comment:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh my...how can you handle so much loveliness all in one go? Conversations about herpes notwithstanding...