Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cracking

I am blogging for my sanity at this moment in time.

Marc left for Fort Lauderdale at 5:30 on Sunday morning. Right now I still have 46.5 hours until he gets back.

Julia has been sick all week. Not the kind of sick where she does something productive like SLEEP, but the kind where I know she feels like crap. Hard not to when she's stuck on whine/cry/produce vast quantities of snot/whine/cry setting.

How's Stu you ask? Well he's taking his future career as a police informer very seriously. He tells on EVERYTHING. I get to hear every minute detail of her every infraction. While I was typing this he opened the basement door and shouted "Mum SHE..." to which I bellowed "GO UPSTAIRS!! I WILL BE UP IN TWO MINUTES!" Je continued to talk, just louder. Because that will change my mind.

Julia just opened the door to tell me Stuart desperately needs me. Yeesh. I would count how many hours it has been since I had a moment of SILENCE, but it would depress me. Night-time? you ask, Surely you must get a break.

Oh no. Nights are for coughing, waking up and screaming the house down because we didn't have desert 8 hours before (Julia) and nightmares (Stu) that mean we have to sleep on our mother.

I was fine until this aft... coasting along through this lo-o-o-o-o-ng week, thinking we were doing fine.

Then BOOM - I hit pissed off. Fed up.

I would tell you more but my son is apparently writing in pain. And my daughter has told me so 3 times.

I'm going to have to add a donate button for their future therapy

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Okay, you killed the welling sympathy in me by being so darn funny at the end there. I just laughed so hard I snorted.

Seriously...I wish I lived nearby so I could give you a break...or at least some cookies or something.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

YES! Why must the plague leave us with crazy little people?

Your funny makes me feel everso better, at your expense.

Is that wrong?

Please take care...