Monday, February 18, 2008

Clarification

I am not going to rush through a post in 12 minutes again - or at least not a long one like that. I really don't like how whiny I sounded (though I was definitely feeling that whiny).

Last week was one of THOSE weeks. It was hectic. It seemed like there was something going on every day. I am starting to feel over-scheduled, though I know that it is all my doing, and that most of our events are things I want to be doing or at least things I think the kids should (and want) to do.

So what I failed to "complain" about in my last post was our healthy social life last week. Which was really nice, but that I just felt overwhelmed by a bit. When my Thursday morning plans fell through I was sorry to postpone for a week, but also heaved a small sigh of relief.

I have been diagnosed with something called PMDD. Or what I like to refer to as PMS's bigger, uglier, nastier sister. I am working through it - the part of me that is so critical of myself is berating me for suffering from something that is related to the butt of so many jokes, such a "high-maintenance" kind of problem. You know, the kind of thing I should just be able to just get over.

Then there's the part of me that can't deal with only sleeping 3-4 hours 14-16 days a month. The debilitating sleep deprivation that is driving me nuts (possibly literally). The fact that a normal day can seem like a mountain to climb on the wrong week. So for now I am going to try and be nice to myself and just let myself have this problem. And feel blessed that it is nothing I can't fix or cure.

And take my doctor's advice and plan "light" when need be.

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

This post really resonates with me, for oh so many reasons. So hard to suffer from something that's so tightly wound in stereotypes that no one really understands it at all.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Being sleep deprived alone could do me in.

No need to explain here. We get it.