Wednesday, April 23, 2008

6th sense

Julia has had all day to go to the bathroom. It is now 12:48 and she has been up for 5 1/2 hours.

But she has chosen now, now when we need to leave for nursery school and an appointment for me (I rarely have appointments) to do her business.

I am down here typing instead of hovering, instead of giving her some sort of complex about the toilet.

Because I am frustrated. It's been one of those mornings, the ones where getting her anywhere is like dragging a small (or not so small) dog on a leash when it doesn't want to go for a walk.

And the talking. The TALKING. Non stop. Sans cesse! Elle n'arrete pas!!

Her beautiful little voice? Is making me crazy today.

Maybe it's because she's barking orders at me and demanding every second of my attention.

And now that I have vented I will go upstairs and be sweet, loving, nurturing... and try to get her off the toilet.

How glamorous my life has become ;-)

2 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

My kids talked constantly last night. All the way to choir. Zack talked the entire 1.5 hour about Star Wars, when I wanted to read, just a teeny tiny bit...

Chat chat chat.

I was relieved when they went to bed and then felt bad about it.

They weren't doing anything wrong.

Still, it was wiping me out...

(PS: Lexi has been making things out of the math book. Thank you again.)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Reading this was like reading a page out of the book of my life. I hope this chapter? Is a short one.