Tuesday, March 18, 2008

yeah, not so much

I had the foolish idea that the kids would give me a few minutes to blog.

Yeah, not so much.

We have survived March Break (even had a nice time) and are now living through the flu. Poor Stu had a fever that knocked him out from Friday afternoon until this morning.

And yes, he is still home. He is not eating, I didn't think it was necessary - for anything other than my sanity - to sent him back until tomorrow.

You know, since my sanity isn't really an issue. Just a figment of my imagination. Like an imaginary friend... hey, there's a thought, I can have "pre-kids Tracy" as my imaginary friend.

I have to go now. Stu, while too sick to go to school, is not too sick to torment his sister. Julia, who is not yet sick, is working her way up on the fever meter and is cranky.

They have a plan my kids. I bet if I were to ransack Stu's room I would find some complicated calculations on when he had to pass the germs to Julia in order to have their illnesses fall one after the other (without a break for sleeping for SDP - Sleep Deprived Mum) without actually overlapping.

This morning he even licked his hand and dragged it across my cheek (why??? I have NO clue??). I admit I recoiled and asked him not to give me his germs. Since Dad's away and if Mum comes down with it who will cook dinner etc etc etc. He had the decency to look appalled at the thought of me ill. I could see his plans for world domination by means of the flu virus falling apart before his eyes.

Of course I didn't mention my aching head and my conviction that someone is sticking a knife into my ear a couple of times an hour when I am not paying attention.

Marc left at 5:30 on Sunday morning. When he gets home on Friday I am confiscating his passports. Both of them.

Because every time he leaves, they get sick.

And now, I am really going. Because Julia can't possibly blow her nose alone.

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh hun, how miserable! I'll definitely support you in the swipe-the-passports plan. It's for the greater good. Really.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Hide those passports, stat.

I'm feeling rather icky today and I'm trying to prop myself up for Lexi's choir pratice tonight across town, because...drumroll please...Greg of course is far, far away too.

Drat.

Hope your little folks get better soon and you and your imaginary friend get a much deserved break.