Thursday, March 27, 2008

I would post but...

I am busy reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" with what I can only describe as an obsessive interest.

Marc brought it home from D.C. last week - purchased at the Borders (hello Lisa! made me think of you!) in the airport, and he had read 100 pages on the plane.

We've been reading it in turns - well more like I read it when he's not home. Or when he watches movies I have rented for him.

While making dinner tonight (shepherds pie) I caught myself wondering how I could read and cook at the same time. Peeling potatoes while reading? Not easy.

Tonight? He's gone out virtual golfing (or whatever it's called).

My first thought?

I get the book.

6 comments:

Traveller said...

Hey! I just read that book too! Nancy Reinertz lent it to me. You're right, it does grab you and take hold of your life for 529 pages. It makes me want to see the new BBC series on Henry VIII. Or "Anne of a Thousand Days" again. Now that's an old movie!

lapoflux said...

Marc had started to watch the BBC series but I hadn't... apparently we have it all recorded on the thingy-ma-bobby downstairs (you know, those new things that replaced vcrs and are attached to the satellite).
Think I am going to have to watch it now... though I worry that it won't be how I imagined it from the book.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

That's on my To Read list for certain.

After the move. After.

katydidnot said...

virtual golfing? wow. that sounds really awesome (not).

katydidnot said...

but at least you get the book!

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I'm on a Tudor kick - the showtime series with a rather beautiful Henry, the Elizabeth movies and now the books.

(The movie based on that book? Not so good. Prompt crying.)