Friday, March 21, 2008

An airport is an airport

The kids and I went to pick Marc up at the airport today. On our way there I realized I hadn't been in the Ottawa airport for almost 9 years, and that I had no idea where anything was, or what the airport looked like.

Well turns out the airport hasn't been waiting for me to come back and visit... it's had a huge facelift and - well - does not resemble the airport I left from on my honeymoon in the least.

I was saying to the kids that I am far more familiar with the Brussels airport, and Montreal when we pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car. And I was hit with a sense of being just about anywhere.

Do all airports look the same these days? Huge, impersonal? We could have been nearly anywhere (except Luxembourg, with it's teeny tiny airport... I wonder how the construction is going on the new terminal...)

And on another note I took Marc from the airport to a clinic. Actually I took him to 3 clinics, but the first two were closed even though their opening hours said they should be open.

Verdict? He has a sinus infection. Poor love, he looks and sounds awful. Stuart has perked up considerably, but Julia is still a pitiful sight. She has not eaten all day (luckily she is drinking) and thrown up her Tylenol twice. Or is it 3 times? I am so lost at this point.

Looks like Easter Dinner at my house might be a no go.

Bummer. Oh well, there's always next year!

No comments: