Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I am not alone

We woke up this morning to more freezing rain and a ton of snow... the wind whips around the corner and builds huge drifts on our driveway. This morning I could barely open my car door.

The roads are awful... I've decided that Julia can miss nursery school because the 15 minute drive will turn into a half hour, or longer.

The woman I deliver the milk with (the woman who does most of the work, getting the milk into bags while I am at reading group with Julia) had the school secretary call to tell me not to come, she would do all the deliveries - bless her!

I love a good snow day (though not in March), but Julia is going non-stop this morning. She's still hanging on to the last bits of her cold, but it's not stopping her from talking, talking, talking...

I escaped to the bathroom (sorry, too much information) for a moment's peace.

But as usual, I was not alone.

I used to laugh at stories of men sequestering themselves in the bathroom... now I understand.

I am longing for Spring, to get out of the house. Let's hope this is the lion of March who will soon give way to the lamb.

And now - I must go and listen to Julia. Because she insists, and I am charmed by her imagination, and she is adorable.

Loud, but adorable.

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh the fun of a snow day! If we hadn't had so many of them I'd be completely charmed to be required to stay home all day.

Currently though? Not amused. It was supposed to be Spring! Everything was melting! Argh!

katydidnot said...

not much better than a snow day.