Friday, January 18, 2008

Really, I did

Today I painted the powder room. With Julia's help.

Yes, I teetered off the cliff of sanity and gave the child a paintbrush and pushed her towards the paint.

In a VERY small room. Where we both ended up with paint in our hair from ducking each other and bumping into walls.

For a 3 year-old she is a mighty fine painter. And it was fun.

The baseboards she dripped on needed touching up anyhow. The paint on the hands that ended up all over the toilet? Came off with bathtub cleaner.

The paint she walked in by accident and tracked all over the floor... well there's still some in the grout between the tiles, but what the hey.

She's very proud of herself. Me too.

2 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

So glad you let her help you out. It's worth the mess.

My kids love being in charge of stuff, if I'd only let them.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful mother/daughter bonding time. Will you now let Stu help you paint another room?

Since I still can't translate from German, I still sign in as "anonymous".... sorry about that. I'll have to see what I can to do change that (I'll add to to my list. I'm also trying to figure out which of the many numbers on a medical bill is the actual invoice number. Yes, I KNOW that it should be "Rechnung", but that word doesn't appear on the page AT ALL!!!!! Augh...

OMG, as I spoke, my screen automatically switched to English!!!! (How did that happen? Scary stuff... )
Cheers to the whole family,

Catherine