Thursday, January 31, 2008

Loose

Tonight Stuart had his finger in his mouth.

"Stu - do you have a loose tooth?" (he's way behind the other first graders on this one).

"No Mum, it's just crooked."

"What? Are you sure it's not loose?"

"NO Mum, it's really not loose, there's just this little bit... here on the top... it's crooked... maybe it moved... oh I can't explain."

"Let me see..."

"Sigh. But it's not loose Mum." (Dutifully opens mouth for crazy woman who proceeds to prod his tooth.)

"Uh, Stu?"

"Yeah?"

"You've got a loose tooth buddy!"

"I've got a loose tooth? I'VE GOT A LOOSE TOOTH!!!!!!!! Dad!!!!!!!"

Remember how exciting your first loose tooth was? I didn't until today.

A little icing on the cake of parenting.

3 comments:

Nora said...

Oooh, how exciting! As the youngest, I awaited that great day with much anticipation. Congratulations, Stu!

Melanie said...

I secretly dread the day teeth start getting loose around here. The thought of pulling one out, as it hangs on, limply yet stubbornly, to a single strand of gummy, sinewy...(shudder)...

I digress.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll understand if you want me to stay away from yours.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

It really is one of the most lovely bits, isn't it? That glowy grin we get when we remember how simple to please we once were....