Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hey!!

THE KIDS GO BACK TO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't think I haven't enjoyed the holidays. I really really have. They've just been hectic, so much so that I have yet to tell you about Christmas, or the fireworks on Parliament Hill on New Year's Eve (should have seen Joolsies face! Her first time!) or tell you how FABULOUS Mamma Mia was on Thursday night.

By the way, Mamma Mia was fabulous. You have to see it if you can (Pam - even better than Saturday Night Fever in London. Only thing that would have made it better was having you here to bop with us, instead of in Africa...).

But you know... I need a bit of mental space. I love my kids, but full on, 24/7 for 16 days and I am probably more likely to come up as Grumpy than as Happy if I were to do the "which of the Seven Dwarves are you?" quiz on Facebook.

Just kidding, I don't think there is such a quiz on Facebook. But there's so much other "stuff" (see how polite I am being) that it wouldn't surprise me to find out there was one.

So... back to school tomorrow. It's a bit sad really, all the build up to the holiday season and then inevitably January rolls around and there you are feeling kinda flat.

That is kind of how I feel right now - flat. We did some great stuff. Had some playdates, saw Enchanted, spent lots of time playing out in the snow, went to the museum of Science and Tech... even had some down time, some days when we really didn't get out of pyjamas.

I have resolutions, but I am not sure I will get to them on this post. I am trying to make myself post them so that I feel some accountability to follow through on them.

But for now I am going to go and hug my babies and feel sniffly that they are going to be leaving me tomorrow - even for the few short hours they will be gone. It's a luxury I haven't had for 16 days ;-)

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Yes, I was ready to put the little cherubs on the bus today. I even looked forward to the gym today. A little.

I hear Mamma Mia is a riot. I'll have to catch it sometime.