Thursday, September 20, 2007

What I managed to do today...

1) get the kids dressed and Stu to school on time (it was tight this morning)
2) come home and get Julia to finish her breakfast and eat something myself
3) get Julia to her reading group at the library and pick out two books afterwards (well I pcked one for Stu in about a minute and a half, she took the other 25 minutes choosing)
4) pick Stu up at school, come home, make lunch, feed children
5) drop Stu back at school (another tight one), play with Julia in the park for 12 minutes, then drive to nursery school and drop her off
6) go to Home Depot to buy extractor fan that does not sound like a jet engine taking off in our kitchen(as current one does) and is not covered in grease that I can't get off no matter how hard I try (again, current one). Leave Home Depot with fan, a new chandelier (our one From Lux can be installed no prob - but no one sells bulbs that fit) and a bunch of light bulbs that I am hoping will fit in the kids lights (they don't).
7) buy Groceries
8) pick up Stu, drive to Julia's nursery school and do some of his homework in the car while we wait the 5 minutes to get her
9) come home and unload car
10) discuss with contractors working on basement
11) cook healthy meal for family (Proud of this one - we've had more take-out/junk food than I will admit to in the last month
12) clear dishes
13) practiced Stu's dictee words for his spelling test tomorrow morning (ran out of patience, Marc had to do the second go round)
14) got Julia to sleep
15) wrote this post

I am exhausted. I needed to actually write down what I did today because it seems like nothing, but I am wiped.

This whole "Mum's Taxi" thing is way more work than I realized it would be. May need cattle prod to get kids moving so I am not always speeding on way to school (mostly joking).

Thanks to Lisa for the homework suggestions - teacher told us not to do more than 15-20 minutes a day (she obviuosly has yet to view the Stu at his s-l-o-w-e-s-t...) and, as Lisa also suggested, to take breaks. And to try and do someo on weekends and not to hesitate to tell her if we can't get it done during the week and we will work together. I think she's pretty cool.

And potential good news on the home renovation front (dare I say it?? Am I jinxing us??) - the contractor has plans to be in here early next week too and... they think they can be done by next Wednesday (not including the bathroom downstairs) WOO HOO!

Now let's hpe Marc's appointment witht he carpet guy tomorrow has him saying we can have carpet sooner rather than later...

Are things looking up?? Fingers crossed!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I think it helps, to see it in print. So much of this motherhood gig feels like we 'do' nothing, yet we are running.

{Glad my 'advice' was useful. I've gotta hope I am learning something, raising these kids.}

Have a great weekend.