Thursday, September 13, 2007

Th 5 minute update

I am permitting myself a 5 minute break to write a very quick update.

Julia has taken VERY well to nursery school - she LOVES going. She goes 4 afternoons a week and this has been her first week. This morning she insisted on putting her Dora backpack om to take Stuart to school and couldn't understand why I wouldn't take her to school too. She's having a blast. There was a bit of a mix up over the program she was registered for so she is with one teacher for Mondays and Wednesdays (the supposed "Bilingual" program, but I realized right away that I, and possibly Jools, speak better French than the teacher) and Tuesdays and Thursdays in the "enriched" program with 4 & 5 year olds. I was a little nervous because she's really young for the group (having just turned 3 in May) but she loves the teacher and has a new little best friend called Maggie in the Tues/Thurs group and even though it was only their 2nd time seeing each other they were all grinny when they met up today. Yeah!

Stu is settling in better than we had hoped, but it's a big change for him. He has skipped Senior Kindergarten and gone straight to grade one because the age cut off in Ontario in different than Luxembourg and it's a lot to deal with on top of everything else. We're spending a lot of time working on his writing and practicing the words for his Dictee (spelling test) on Friday... I was a little concerned but today the teacher commented when I picked him up at lunch that he had worked much faster this morning. She seems really nice...? I've heard nothing but good things about her. AND - he got a sticker this morning for working fast.

Well there's my 5 minutes up and I have to go and get the boy so I can go and get the girl... seems like I spend most of my days in the car going to and fro - I guess this is what being a stay at home mum is all about!

When I dropped Julia off today there was a woman who asked where we'd lived before and I said Luxembourg and she had friends who lived there until recently and she said "Oh I love Luxembourg, it's so pretty" and I said "You've actually been to Luxembourg?" (No one ever seems to have been) and realized I was holding her arm... I guess Stu's not the only one who's homesick.

REALLY have to go now... the kiss and ride line-up is a nightmare at 3 pm...

No comments: