Monday, July 30, 2007

And in other news

I just got a text message from the guy who bought our house.

The guy who will be getting the keys Friday afternoon - like as in 4 days from now.

We have let them come in the house 5 times now since they made the offer. For a total of close to 8 hours. I even babysat their child (sick I find out after)for over an hour once while they took measurements.

Her father (who is a contractor and lives near Brussels) spent almost 2 hours here one day.

The text message reads (in French - so probably prettier than I am going to translate it for you)

"HI Tracy - I hope all is well. Aurelie's parents are going to be in Luxembourg tomorrow and we would like to come by to get an idea of the work to be done. Could you spare us 20 minutes?"

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

Because the last time they were here I had an Ally McBeal moment. She was knocking on the walls (again) trying to figure out(again) how much could come down (I think she should go live out in nature where there are no walls since she obviously has such a problem with them).

She turns to me and says "Do you know?" (again. She's asked me this every time she's been in the house)

And I got up and said, "Not sure. Let's knock on the wall and see." and used HER HEAD to find out where is sounded hollow.

No not really, that was my Ally McBeal moment. What I actually said was "no, sorry, no idea."

But if she comes in here tomorrow, in the middle of our move chaos and asks me, I WILL USE HER HEAD.

Best they don't come - wouldn't you agree?

No comments: