Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Did someone cut a few hours off the day?

Marc has now been off work for... um... 11 days.

I am loving having him home, I am thrilled with what we are getting done around the house, I am ecstatic at not having to do the school run every morning and sometimes waking up to a cup of Timmy's (French Vanilla, yum) on my night table some mornings.

Not to mention getting to hang out with my honey.

I am just trying to figure out where all the hours are going though - should my house not be tidier? Should dinner not be easier to make? Should there not be plenty of fresh fruit and veg in the fridge since I will have more time to do things like grocery shop?

Um, yeah. Not so much. My schedule? Gone right out the window. (I know - the thought that I had a schedule is hard to swallow - but really, I did...)

Oh well... this too shall pass, surely far sooner than I am ready...

3 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Time slows when everyone's home. My mom's world got funky when my dad retired early. She had to adjust.

Hope you can enjoy your downtime together.

And why can't veggies just magically appear anyway?

Nora said...

It sounds heavenly. Enjoy!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Quite an adjustment indeed...wow, I can't imagine Neil home for three days never mind eleven, and it's all the more poignant for you since your sweetie travels so much.