Wednesday, May 28, 2008

24.6 seconds of recent events

I have no time to blog. Really, none. I have all kinds of interesting things to post about (okay, only until I start typing and realize they're not so interesting) but no time to do so.

In fact, I am not entirely sure I am capable of completing a thought this week. My poor husband, who is now in his 3rd week of being home with me, is somewhat perplexed by my inability to focus on anything for for than 24.6 seconds.

He is, however, starting to comprehend that 24.6 seconds is about .356 of a second more than my children usually give me to think about anything.

Anyhow, I am - as per usual me-ness - digressing from my intended post. Because I can't type the little hobbled together bits in 24.6 seconds.

So - what I am trying to tell you is:

1) Marc got a job!!!! Woo Hoo! Yee Haw! Much cheering and jubilation. It is the job he wanted, the one he has been interviewing for since January (yes, JANUARY people!!). The one that took sooooooooooooo long to get through every step of the interview process for, the one that seemed to have another step every time we thought it was over. He has a letter and everything. With a signature. PHEW. And he starts 2 July, so we have a few more weeks before he starts.

I am so proud of him.

2) Friday is our 10th wedding anniversary. 10. Wow. So, in honour of such a momentous occasion, we are driving to Montreal on Saturday morning (early early early...), dropping the kids at my mum's and then hitting the road for Quebec City. Where we will spend 3 nights in a lovely little hotel and eat far too much food and hopefully drink even more wine. And I bet there will be lots of desert. Lots and lots of it.

This is where my short attention span is of benefit - if I could think about our trip for more than 24.6 seconds at a time I would be so excited nothing else would get done all day. Nothing.

So - on that note I am going to say goodnight. Because this post? Took way more than 24.6 seconds.

4 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I'm out of breath. You sound crazy busy.

Congratulations on the good news: the job and the 10 years.

Have a great weekend out of town; eat up and be merry you two.

;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job, Marc.

Happy Anniversary and Bon Voyage for the weekend you two. 10 years already? Where does the time fly?

Isn't it nice to have family close by so that a carefree weekend away without the little ones is possible? Enjoy!!!

katydidnot said...

wow, i'm worn out just by the pace of the post. but the job?
s n a i l ' s pace. whatev, least it's done and he got it! yay him!

Nora said...

Yippee!!!!!!

Jobs and anniversaries, good things.