Monday, July 07, 2008

further proof I must have been dropped on my head

Want to know what I did today? Really?

I held a birthday bash for a Webkinz red-eyed tree frog.

Seriously.

It involved having two little boys and the little girl next door over, running around filling water pistols (what are those things called? Brain melting...) 2 cakes shaped like the RETF's face (one for the afternoon, one for dinner), peanut butter cookies that were supposed to look like dragon flies (since when does Pillsbury not make sugar cookie dough? they were a hit and miss, mostly miss), a BBQ with our neighbours... and presents. One from the Stu and one from my amazing neighbour who took the time - despite having her interlock done today to pick out a gift and stuff (plastic) insects in a jar.

I am wiped out.

I hear you wondering why I did this. Because of a little boy who got his first Webkinz last October from his Godparents who are so in the know as to what is cool at school these days. That little Webkinz red-eyed tree frog helped him make friends when we moved here and he knew no one. He was in on things because he had that frog.

So back in January when I tacked up my HAPPY BUNNY calendar for 2008 I wasn't about to protest the inclusion of the frog's birthday for July 7th (for July Happy Bunny says, with a big smile, "Please Stop Existing. Thanks"). I think I made vaguely affirmative noises when barraged with party planning (come on, it was 6 months away. He's 6. He's not supposed to hang on to things that long).

Let's hope he remembers today. I certainly will.

1 comment:

Tootsie Farklepants said...

At least you didn't have to rent one of those moon bounce thingys.