Monday, July 14, 2008

And the air goes out of the balloon like this... ppffffttttt... blah

Home again, home again...

The problem with nice weekends at the house of good friends is that you have to come back. Bleah.

We had an awesome weekend... we visited the Toronto Zoo, swam in the pool, hung out. The kids got along famously. The food was good. The weather was pretty decent. It was - dare I say it? - relaxing.

(BTW Cathie... we only had to go as far as Markham. Phew. I was still breathing and not in the fetal position rocking and moaning about how I am so thankful not to live in T.O.)

And now we are home. To tiles picked at the Whitby Home Depot that aren't what we want for the backsplash and they want to start it SOON. And Karate camp was a bit of a bust this morning. Julia wailed when I left. She NEVER wails. She was terrified.

So of course I cried in the car and was in a state visiting tile store trying to pick tiles that I have to commit to - for like eternity. Oh yes, ETERNITY. I take these things very seriously. And I am not convinced that I can make that kind of commitment to ... um tiles.

(Momentary pause while I try to get a grip).

Oh and. Yes. In a furniture store yesterday the salesman told me that I have a lovely family "and one on the way?"

Um, no... just a bad dress (that I will burn as soon as I can find where I've hid the matches). I knew I had gained weight, but to mistaken for pregnant? Ugh.

Monday. Gotta love it.

4 comments:

Nora said...

I got mistaken for pregnant one time and I thought I would die.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I'm stuck on the comment. Why say that? I can't figure that one out.

Monday can take a hike. We're on to bigger and better things.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

A woman's tile work is a very serious matter.

Really.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.