Sunday, December 02, 2007

P.S. I love you

A few weeks ago I was putting laundry away in Stu's room and put a few things away in his desk. He loves post-it notes (thanks to Gill and David). I wrote "Mummy (hearts) Stu" on the top one of his post it notes.

Stu and I have been having a bit of a rough go these last few weeks. Nothing I can bring myself to discuss at 10:09 pm when I was supposed to be in bed an hour ago. But things have been more difficult than either of us would like. He's going to be 6 in a couple of days and there are days when I feel like I am under house arrest with this child who second guesses my every request, and yet other days I remember the day he was born... you know how it is, these moments of mother love.

He is clingy and yet not that pleasant to me lately. A weird and trying combination.

This afternoon I went into my room and saw a yellow post-it not on my pillow. It said "Stu (hearts) Tracy".

I didn't cry - miraculously. But I am going to try and keep it forever.

No comments: