Friday, August 03, 2007

When I get all Europe homesick...

Please refer me back to this post. Really please do because this is a huge part of why we are going home.

Last night I took my allergy pill at 10:30. I guess the movers had the windows open yesterday because by 10:30 (soaking in my wonderful Fruit et Passion bath) I was sniffly, sneezy, coughing and scratching at my throat because it was so itchy.

It took an hour to kick in and I went to sleep at 11:30 pm.

Only to wake up at 5:30 am - sniffly, sneezy, coughing and scratching my throat.

Did I mention that they are 24 hour allergy pills? And the strongest thing they will prescribe for me here?

So "BAD" allergy season (as opposed to "good" when the meds mostly work) seems to have started again for me. Which means within a few weeks I will have a sinus infection, that will take until about next spring to finally clear up properly after several doses of antibiotics and cortisone (I have no proof of this other than the last 3 years of the same situation).

So I have taken ANOTHER allergy pill - since I seem to have replaced my nose with a faucet and haven't stopped coughing for the last 1/2 hour. Nose spray seems to have had no effect either.

I am cranky and feel lousy - and this is NOT how I want to live my life. I used to be a fun person. I don't want to be the mum always snipping at her kids because she's feeling lousy (for something stupid like allergies) and I don't want to continue to have to buy purses so large that they can accommodate a roll of toilet paper for nose blowing (since I invariably fail to stock up on enough Kleenex). I don't want to be terrified of opening the windows of my home in case I can't breathe (I am an open window kinda girl and with no forced air in houses over here you have to open your windows or the air gets soooooooo stale).

Anyhow, up and at 'em. My buddies the movers arrive in 30 minutes (and really take the computer this time). Maybe the extra allergy pill will make me dopey and I won't get so frustrated with them :-p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Tracy. I hope you are having a great vacation. I am looking forward to talking to you again, once you have started to settle in your new home. This is the 3rd time I try to "comment" for you.. but I still can't follow the $#%@^^%# German instructions.... Really, why can't they come up in English? I have just managed to deal with grocery shopping here, but following computer instructions in German... that will definitely take a little more time. They say that 3 is a charm....

Anonymous said...

Augh.... I just realized that you don't know who sent the last comment.... but then again, I'm not really sure that you got it. Augh....
Catherine