Thursday, August 02, 2007

Now that's classy

I am sitting on my mattress (which is on the floor), laptop on my lap (appropriate, no?) and drinking wine from the bottle.

Yup, right from the bottle. Classy, huh?

Seriously though, I have not turned into a wino (despite my recent Kir Royal fixation - we are obviously out of champagne if I am on the wine). It's just that there are no glasses in my house that I can use and there is less than a glass left in the bottle.

And Marc just left to play pool with the only utensil that could be used to open a beer bottle (no twist tops here!).

So I HAVE to glug my wine from the bottle. Really.

The house is supposed to be fully packed - and is NOT. I am not going to freak, though I did get Marc to call the movers today and complain and now there will be 6 men here tomorrow to get our container loaded - 3 to finish packing and 3 to load.
Hopefully the one who spent 8 hours in my basement, managed to miss a whole store room (???) and still didn't finish what I could have done myself in 3 hours - well hopefully he's on loading instead.

Yes, I am in a lovely mood ;-)

In good news - we sold the car it would appear!! We've been desperate, I had it listed on two popular sites (one where it got checked out 157 times - and no takers!) It's a Lancia Lybra (part of the Fiat/Alfa Romeo family) in great shape with low kilometres, but Burgers don't like Italian cars (so we've been told?) and we couldn't even get used car dealers to take it.

The Auto club told us it was worth 12,000 EUR in a private sale, and 9900 if we were trading it in to a dealer. We put it up and 9,200 and hoped.

Yesterday a colleague of Marc's told us he had found someone in Belgium willing to take it for 5500. Ouch. We agreed seeing as we're leaving in a couple of days (give or take our visits back in between Sweden and Greece and home).

Then last night we get this call from this English guy who wants to buy the car. Really wants to buy it, can he just take it by his mate's garage (his term, the mate that is) and he can only pay us so much now (6500) and more (1200)next month. Total 7700 - not so bad!

So he is supposed to come by at 3pm to get the car to take to his mate. Long story short, he finally shows up at 6 pm. I am having doubts at this point on if we will see our car again so I send Marc with him.

Yeah, that's right, I think the guy might be a criminal stealing our car so I send my husband with him. Brain not fully functional.

He was probably no more than 2 minutes away when I called and said "If it seems weird get out of there - run as fast as you can, you are so much more important than a car".

And proceeded to feel like I was going to be sick until he walked back in 1/2 hour later. Car sold. Guy fine, just a little weird.

And this is why I am drinking wine from a bottle. I am now going to go and use a huge amount of Fruits et Passion bubble bath for my last bath in this house (it's such a waste not to try and finish it) and then I will try to sleep.

By this time tomorrow the car should be sold and we should be in the lovely hotel by the park I have always wanted to stay at... fingers crossed ;-)

And my two angels are sleeping (please oh please let them be asleep) at opposite ends of Stu's mattress in Julia's room. I would check on them, but they're being quiet and I wouldn't want that to stop...

No comments: